Sunday, January 29, 2012

Shit My Dad Says

I realise there is a very popular blog with this title, but I don't think they can lay sole claim over having a dad that says weird things. In fact, I think it's possibly a rite of passage for any man becoming a father where it becomes compulsory to adopt some weird and wonderful sayings that are trotted out again and again and again and again.

I will try to recall as many of my dad's overused sayings here.

1. When asked for money, says "I've gone deaf!"

2. If that's dinner I've had it!

3. What's for ice cream?

4. When asked to do anything, "I have to do everything!"

5. If complimented, will beam and say "I'm handsome, suave and debonair!"

6. If you crack a joke "You think you're funny don't you?" (emphasis on every second word)

7. If you say something smart "You think you're clever don't you?" (emphasis on every second word)

8. If I had some eggs, I could have eggs and bacon, if I had bacon

9. Never assume, it makes an ass out of u and me

That's all I can remember for now. I will ask my brothers and sister for their input, and update the blog. Stay tuned.

UPDATE:

10. If given money. "I'll just spend it on chips and lollies. The rest I'll waste"

No comments:

Post a Comment